Saturday 27 July 2013

Neon This! And Neon That!

Hello world,

I’m back with another fabulous if slightly boring blog about my on-going e4 sting adventure. Today I started putting together images of dilapidated buildings for the background of my animation and whilst they were all very nice and dilapidated I felt they could use a little oomph! But what on earth could give my buildings the desired spark I required? One word - Neon! (I’ve just realised you probably guessed that from the title).


Below is a bunch of designs I made on an A4 sheet of paper of possible neon lights designs. Naturally I decided to go down the slightly sleazy route as it turns out there are no classy neon lights.


With a few designs picked I then somehow managed to force the paper into a Photoshop so I could make the image glow like a neon light. It can be seen below.


Finally I made a simple animation of the light in action.



Here's the final background plate with added chimney lights for no extra cost. 


And that’s the end of my neon light adventure - or is it? More words and pictures coming soon.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment