Wednesday 17 October 2012

Welcome to Dallas

Hello world,

Today I’m posting a picture I’ve made of Dallas, no not the long-running American prime time television soap opera from the 80’s, or the ninth most populated city in the United States of America, or the amazing?...R&B vocalist, producer and writer of the hit song “Get It Girl”...but the laid-back captain of the commercial towing spaceship Nostromo, from the hit space film Alien.

The regular reader of my blog will undoubtedly be aware that I’m a massive fan of Ridley Scott’s unbeatable film, so it was inevitable that I’d end up drawing some pictures from my favourite film. As a change from my normal style I decided to make the picture all pixelated like it’s from the golden days of point and click adventure games. Then, as a bonus treat, I’ve added a mini character profile taken from the Alien 20th anniversary DVD, which is written in a lovely green BBC computer style font.





Check back tomorrow for more drawings of the Nostromo crew.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment